Obsessively tidy person

Sunday, February 17, 2019

what i love about winter.

 I haven't been posting much lately because I have been working… Yes, I started working and I have very little time to write or post. So, I am trying really hard to get myself into a working routine, because whilst 2018 and the year before was great to be jetting off everywhere, spending time with my friends and still had extra time to post on my blog, bills need to be paid and career progression was much needed. Although, that was fun whilst it lasted, it was time to make new changes. However, I am working on a new routine that would allow me to post as much as I used to, work on my new job and still read a new book every month (hopefully). Nevertheless, with the plan of my new routine still in progress, here are some of the things I love about winter in Ukraine.

When I first came to Ukraine back in 2010, I didn’t really like the country due to the weather, most especially winter. So, I almost thought about going back. But then after a few months in the country, I learnt to wrap up warm (well, I did, because I’m a terribly cold person) and I depended on hot drinks and my special homemade vegetable soup (PS I'm a very good cook). This is what I have grown to realize over the years that I have spent in Ukraine. When I and many other people think of Ukraine during winter, the first picture that comes to mind is snow covered lands and low temperatures. But there’s so much more to Ukraine than just snow and what anybody would think. And there is so much beauty in snow like leaving your mark in untouched snow and making snow angels. For what it is worth, I personally love freshly fallen snow, as long as I have my mugs of hot tea afterwards.

                          
Besides making snow angels, snowball fight is another snow activity that is definitely not just for kids. Getting snow days as an adult is amazing because it means time off work and a chance to relax at home, so this is an activity you can enjoy with your friends and family whenever you can. I can’t promise you won’t fall, but I can promise you’ll have fun. Meanwhile, has any of you ever realized that you can actually smell snow? Call me a freak, but I am not joking, you can literally smell when snow is coming. It’s a clean, vivid smell that feels refreshing when it travels down your lungs. I absolutely love the smell of fresh fallen snow. Some people say that ‘bad clothing makes winter bad’, whilst some believe that you need to forget about fashion when it is extremely cold outside. Well, I say you just need to invest in good winter clothing that would leave you looking gorgeous. I can happily say that winter fashion equally offers so much more variety just like summer. The varieties such as gloves, hats, scarves, big coats, with or without furs, wool coats, wool sweaters and snow boots with thick soles. You can mix these varieties up the way it suits you and still look fabulous.
  My personal favorites to stuck up on are winter coats and boots. I get to wear and show off all my favorite winter coats and boots and I still survived the freezing cold and snow in Ukraine. However, we can all agree that the best part about being cold is warming up in your cozy blanket at home after a long day at work. So, at the end of the day, I sneak in under my duvet with my hot drink and/or soup and enjoy the rest of what’s left of my day. Regardless of how cold it gets during winter, I tend to find the good in each day because it really helps with the way I feel and the way my day goes. So, I try my very best to embrace winter and all that it brings. So, what else do I do to make myself feel good when winter comes knocking? I am a big fan of anything that encourages taking photos, so rather than just sitting and playing on my phone, I put on my favorite winter outfits and take pictures to share with you lovelies. These are just few of my favorite things about winter. What are yours? Tell us in the comment section below.


SHARE:

2 comments

  1. Kudos on having been so busy with work. I am not a big fan of winter, but love reading about the beauty you have appreciation for. Speaking of beauty, you look absolutely gorgeous!!!!!! Your eye-makeup and lipstick look beautiful, and you look amazing in that winter outfit - extremely pretty.

    https://full-brief-panties.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

  2. I'm here to testify about Mr John Blank ATM Cards which can withdraw money from any ATM machines around the world.. firstly I thought it was scam until I saw so many testimony about how Mr John sent them the ATM blank card and how it was used to withdraw money in any ATM machine and become rich so I decided to risk the opportunity I contacted him also and I applied for the Blank Card to my greatest surprise I have used it to get 10,000 dollars. maximum withdrawal daily $1,000, Mr John is giving out the card just to help the poor. Hack and take money directly from any ATM Machine Vault,If your interested kindly contact him directly on his email (johnlopez1945@gmail.com)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for sharing your views.

Blogger Template Created by pipdig